Just a handful of things/blogs/shops/articles that I find inspiring, encouraging, or entertaining:
1. #WeWelcomeRefugees. You’ve seen the photos of Aylan – the three year old who woke up the world to the tragedy experienced by millions of people as they flee from ISIS and civil wars. #WeWelcomeRefugees is a budding movement started by Ann Voscamp with World Relief and the Justice Conference with the goal of connecting churches in America with those in Europe. Find out the practical ways you can get involved!
2. Brittany from The Nested Nomad is running a new series on “Simplifying Your Life.” For me, fall is the perfect time for a refresh, and I’m looking forward to the next posts in the series!
3. Elizabeth at Oak and Oats posted 5 Tips for Your Blog Redesign. Almost makes me want to do it again…
4. The Influence Network. The Influence Network is about encouraging and equipping women in their passions and projects right where they are. I finally joined in May, and I haven’t regretted it! For the price of two lattes, you get art prints, at least one free class, and other goodies as a member. I’ve loved every class I’ve taken, on everything from writing as a ministry, to home decor, to impacting the culture as a Christian. I haven’t figured out the forums yet, but I still highly recommend becoming a member, even though you can purchase classes individually. The $10 cost motivates me to learn something new each month. They also have an annual conference, that someday I’d like to attend.
5. Lauren at Mercy Ink shared the story behind their new fall line of prints. The scriptures she chose speak to me at this time in my life, with the difficulties we’ve had since Edison was born. My favorite is the “Be Still” print. I need that reminder several times a day!
What did you find this week? Share it with us in the comments!