As I started taking down my Christmas decorations yesterday, I realized that I never posted which of the Christmas crafts on my list I accomplished. So yes, we’re halfway through January, but we’re supposed to honor the spirit of Christmas in our hearts all year, right?
1. Something involving a deer and gold glitter.
- Fold your book pages like an accordion. Then, shape them like a fan, and attach them to each other to form a full circle. As you make more circles, trim the edges to create smaller and smaller layers. Eventually, bend the accordion in half, and then create your full circle. Fold and trim until you have enough layers to form a tree-like shape.
- Pour some glue on a paper plate, and pour some white chunky glitter on another. Dip the edges of each layer in glue and glitter, and allow them to fully dry.
- Then you’ll need to attach the layers together. I used a small scrap of paper between each layer for more surface area.
- Let it dry, and you’re done!
- Fold each coffee filter in half, and starting at the bottom, glue each filter to the cone, layering and overlapping them. I used Elmers glue, but a hot glue gun would probably be faster.
- Pinch the top filter to form a nice tree point. That’s it!