|Buy it from Watersounds on Etsy|
While riding in the car for 45 hours during our road trip to Iowa for Christmas, I had ample time to reflect on 2013 and make some goals for the new year. Honestly, 2013 was such a blur. From January to December, so much changed.
- Actually made money from my blog
- Started a small business
- Reached my goal weight
- Got more involved with managing our finances
- Trained for and ran a 5k
- Was published in a magazine
- Finished my quilt
- Finished my wedding scrapbook
- Started an Etsy shop
- Redesigned Scribbles from Emily
- Made art
- Guest posted on 3 blogs
- Quit Target
- Curated my wardrobe to 100 items
- Paid off a school loan
- Guest posted on 2 more blogs
- Applied for 20ish jobs
- Traveled (California, Oregon, Iowa)
- Got better at driving
- Made two new friends
- Maintained goal weight all year
- Did an internship
- Got a full time job
- Run a faster 5k (February). My first was 45 ish minutes, so I’d like to do better this time!
- Pay off school loans. With my full-time job, we could potentially be out of debt this year!
- Get a bigger bed, bedroom furniture. Much needed. Can’t handle sleeping in a full sized bed much longer.
- Read 12 books. Approximately one a month, so if I read the Harry Potter series again, that takes care of seven.
- Blog 52 posts on scribbles from Emily. Aiming for once a week.
- Build a professional wardrobe. Also much needed!
- Re-decorate house. A goal from last year, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m not very good at interior design. I’d like to learn some new skills in this area.
- Finish embroidery pillows. I started these ages ago, and can’t wait to finish them.
- Learn to golf. It looks like a fun sport, that I could actually get good at.
- Take a writing class. Since I’m a writer now, I’d like to work on my technique and learn some things that can help my career. Plus, it’d just be fun.
The verdict is still out on where I’d rank this book in comparison to the Hunger Games and other dystopian literature, or young adult literature.
Regardless, I plan to accomplish something brave this year.
What about you? What are you excited about for 2014?