Some of my favorite fall trends this year include:
- Plaid – almost always a fall staple, this year we’ll see a lot of it. It’s classic, timeless, and versatile. The plaid skirt I wore over ten years ago would fit right into fall 2013. Depending on how you wear it and the colors involved, plaid can be western, preppy, or celtic.
- Booties – I haven’t taken the plunge to buy a pair of booties myself, but I do like how they look on other people.
- Coats – These were popular on the runway this fall. Trench coats, fur coats, military style jackets, and menswear coats were a few of the trends.
- Hats – Particularily the humble beanie.
- Colors – The Pantone colors for fall are a mix of colors I would expect, like dark purple, red, orange, moss green, gray, and emerald, paired with unexpected colors like pink, almost-neon green, royal blue, and coffee brown.
- Fur, leather, and knits – The best part of fall fashion for me is the textures. Leather is still in, fur is popular, and thick chunky knits are back.
Carolina Fringe Scarf from Noonday Collection / Elegant Arrows Necklace from Noonday Collection / Teavy Upcycled Tailored Jacket (also in black) from Raven + Lily / Mug hand knitted cozy from Noonday Collection / Rocky Sweatshirt from Threads 4 Thought / Horn Triangle Necklace from Indego Africa / Infinity Rings from 4AllHumanity / Violet Horn and Paper Bracelet from Noonday Collection
I especially love the tailored jacket from Raven and Lily – it’s recycled, and it’s made by at risk women Phnom Pehn, Cambodia, allowing them to provide for their families.
I’ve made two other inspiration boards, and I’ll share them with you soon! If you like the collage above, please pin it to Pinterest to spread the fairtrade love with others.
What are your favorite fall trends? Share them with us in the comments!