But since that would be awkward, I’ll have to just take inspiration from it.
- I love the soothing gray on the wall. I’d probably opt for a light blue, but I’d consider gray if there was enough natural light in the room.
- I love the gray, white, and yellow color scheme. I’d swap out the yellow for aqua or mint.
- I love the sheepskin rug. It would totally be worth getting out of bed in the morning to be able to put my feet on that.
- I love the white picture frames on the wall. For a while, I wanted to do something very similar, except with some words in the frames, like this.
- I love the white furniture and bedspread. I’m a big fan of Scandinavian style, with some French country accents. I loved our old white bedspread, but I didn’t love drycleaning it. The machine washable gray one we have now is more practical for us.
Like I said, the bedspread is machine washable, from Target, and I love the aqua accent it adds. I like that this nightstand can hold books and magazines inside, so they aren’t in a big messy pile on top, like mine looks right now. The sheepskin rug from Ikea is a must, and the cozy Ursula blanket.
I love butterflies, but I also love feathers. I’m not sure I’d combine both in the same room, but I might.
Almost everything in my collage is from Ikea. I kind of fell in love with the Scandinavian style, and especially with the prices. I know that some of their stuff isn’t the highest quality, but when I went to Ikea for the first time ever a few weeks ago, Brian and I were both surprised by how high quality a lot of their furniture and appliances are.
I’m hoping to implement my vision bit by bit, but starting with that sheepskin rug. My birthday is on Sunday (hint hint to any family reading!).
I’m probably the only person out there who’s late to the Ikea party, so what’s your experience shopping from Ikea? What’s your vision for your bedroom?