I want confidence. Confidence that doesn’t come from what job I have or what I can produce, but in who God made me. Confidence that no matter what happens, He has a plan for me and is working all things for good, even the things that seem like mistakes or detours to others…and myself.
I also wrote a list of ten goals for the year that I tried to revisit and re-write every week. It’s a tip I learned to help you accomplish more since they will probably go through changes from the first of the year to December. My goals for the year in January were:
- Launch a business that I was working on at the time with two co-partners
- Get published
- Run a 5K
- Get my closet down to 100 items
- Pay off a school loan
- Guest post on 3 blogs
- Quit Target
- Redesign Scribbles
- Finish the church flyer and my quilt
- Make art
- The business fell through the day before the launch.
- I haven’t been published yet, and I really haven’t been pursuing that as much as I should.
- I decided against running; I think I’ll stick with yoga for now.
- I did get my closet down to 100!
- We did pay off that loan.
- I guest posted about fair trade on a New Kind of Normal and Mercy Ink, and I guest posted an embroidery tutorial on Liz Makes. I’m working on five more guest posts and collaborations for the future!
- I did quit Target!
- I redesigned Scribbles, and I actually haven’t changed it in six months.
- I’ve made art, lots and lots of art!
“Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6).”
I’m deeply grateful that God knows the plans He has for me, and it’s all under His control, not mine!
I’m also deeply grateful for all the love you guys show me through your faithful reading and sweet comments. Thank you so, so much for being here!
Did you make New Year’s Resolutions? How are you doing on keeping them? Share your progress in the comments!