It’s one of those days when I have all kinds of deep thoughts swirling around in my head, and I can’t seem to get them out onto the screen in a way that makes any kind of sense. So instead, I’m just talking about myself. I’ve read several “Things You Might Not Know About Me” posts lately, and I think it’s really fun to get to know bloggers better! Plus, each of our lives is full of little pieces that together make our beautiful story. So here’s ten things you might not know about me:
1. In high school, I was in the Colorguard. You know, the girls with flags that are part of the marching band. It’s cheerleader meets band geek, and it was awesome!
2. I used to play the organ. I took lessons for quite some time from our church organist, but I never felt like I was good enough to play in church. It was a really fun instrument!
3. I love red hair! I know it’s probably stereotypical, but I perceive people with red hair to be so free-spirited, passionate, and creative. I’m super jealous of this girl’s hair!
4. I never used to wear nail polish, ever. I felt like my fingers couldn’t breathe. However, when I started losing weight last year, I needed a reward that wasn’t food related, and so I decided on painting my nails. I love it now! It’s one of my favorite things to do in the evenings.
5. I went through a serious pink phase in grade school. I distinctly remember opening my drawer one morning, and realizing that every single shirt was either a shade of pink or pink stripes.
6. Needles and medical stuff really bothers me. Like, I will literally get lightheaded and woozy if you start talking about how many screws are in your broken ankle, a bloody injury, someone’s surgery, or I think about someone getting a shot. IT SUCKS. And the weird thing is, I didn’t used to be like this. I became afraid of needles and blood in high school after fainting when attempting to give blood, but only in the last year or so has it progressed to this point. Any advice for how to get over it?
7. I once wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up. But anytime I told someone, they responded with disparaging remarks about lawyers, and said I would have to defend people who were truly guilty and lie about it. So I changed my mind, and when I was older and wiser, I realized that there are many types of lawyers.
8. I’m currently reading “When People Are Big and God is Small.” It’s a life changer! If you’ve ever struggled with fear of other people dominating your life, you should read it. Actually, I think everyone should read it!
9. I don’t have any tatoos, but if I got one, it would probably be a blue butterfly. I highly doubt I’ll ever get a tatoo though, see #6. I’m finally feeling recovered after writing #6. I told you it was bad.
10. I start every day with yoga. I go through exercise phases, and right now, I’m definitely into it. I watch Tara Stiles’ video podcasts, and try a new routine each week.
Now it’s your turn! What’s something people don’t know about you?