1. The Girls With Glasses Show. I just now discovered this “talk show for smart and classy girls.” I love their feminine style, silliness, and the fact that they love shopping at Goodwill! (They were totally in Phoenix for the Goodwill videos, and it’s possible that I’ve shopped at the same one!) Check out their channel on youtube, or follow their blog. Here’s a sample of the cuteness and wit you’ll find:
2. Harry Potter (Books 1-7). I’ve been gradually reading the Harry Potter books over the last year, borrowing two at a time from my sister-in-law in California. I read 4 and 5 in May, and a couple weeks ago, I just couldn’t wait any longer for the next book. So I bought book 6 at Barnes and Noble, and read it in less than a week. Well, even though I knew we were going to CA shortly, I couldn’t wait to see how it ended. So I bought book 7. I read it in 24 hours, staying up most of the night, and crying the whole way through it. These books are the best I’ve ever read. Better than Chronicles of Narnia, and even Lord of the Rings, which is saying a lot. Seriously, the best I’ve ever read.
3. Deleted Harry Potter Scenes on Youtube. I’ve been a bit depressed since finishing the books and seeing all the movies, feeling a little sad that it’s all over. So I turned to youtube to watch interviews with the actors, actresses, and J.K. Rowling. That’s been fun, but I was especially excited to see deleted scenes from the movies. I’m sure you can find these on the DVDs, but it’s convenient to watch them on youtube.
Like I mentioned on Facebook this morning, while watching the movies with Brian (who hasn’t read the books) my SIL and I were trying to explain the Horcruxes and other background information that the movie left out. We had a hard time explaining it while the movie was going on, and come to find out, some of the deleted scenes would have illuminated it quite nicely. Some I can understand why they cut, but some of the deleted scenes from some of the earlier movies included some of my favorite parts from the books that didn’t make it into the movie. For example, starting at 2:17 through the end in this one:
4. Vanilla Chai Tea. Brian brought me some from work, one of his co-workers didn’t like it and wanted to get rid of it. It’s amazing, and smells SO good. Now that I’m talking about it, after I finish this I’m going to go make myself a cup.
5. Rain and candles. It POURED today, all morning, and now at noon it’s still drizzling. Our street was completely flooded. Some people were supposed to come look at the house we’re renting today, but I think they decided not to come because of the rain. I burned a candle to make the house smell nice, and it’s very cosy!
What are you loving lately?