I got glasses!
It took a long, long time to find a pair I liked and Brian could live with. I really wanted an Ingrid Michaelson look, kinda the sexy librarian/retro/artsy vibe.
Pretty close, don’t you think?
The eye doctor told me I would only need to wear them when watching TV, driving, and reading, but I’ve been wearing them every waking hour since I first put them on. I can’t believe how high def. everything looks! I know everyone says this, but it really is remarkable when you can see the individual leaves on the trees!
On a different note, these guys are the up and coming band known as The Widow. They have an amazing opportunity to make it big by getting one of their songs in a movie, if they get enough votes to stay in the top 20. So why do I want you to vote for them?
They’re friends of mine! Well, not the guy with the flower and the silver tie. I don’t know him. But the guy on the far right is Brandon, my best friend’s boyfriend. The guy next to him is Mitch; I’ve known him since I was five. Skipping the guy with the flower and silver tie, the guy with the big red beard grew up in the same church that I did too, and he became our youth group leader. His name is Dan, and he had a huge impact on my life. I know I would not be the person I am today if it weren’t for the way God used him in my life.
The movie that their song would be featured on is called Renee, The Movie. This is the synopsis: “A drama centered around Renee Yohe and her battle with drugs, depression, and other life issues that ultimately leads to the founding of charity group To Write Love on Her Arms.” This non profit charity “dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and invest directly into treatment and recovery.” Read their vision statement too, one line says “You need to know that rescue is possible, that freedom is possible, and that God is still in the business of redemption.”
Voting is unlimited, so hit refresh a few times! Thank you SO MUCH! Go here to vote for The Widow’s song.
On another unrelated note, Tara from Haute Lunch has awarded me the Adorable Blog Award! Thank you so much Tara!
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
- Tell us 10 things about yourself.
- Nominate five other adorable bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.
Alrighty, my ten things:
1. I have never been outside of the United States.
2. I would love to go to China, Kenya, Ireland, and Paris someday. Those are at the top of my list, there are many more places I’d love to go!
3. I don’t like clowns or mascots or Easter bunnies or santas, or anyone dressed up in a costume that obscures their face for some reason…
4. I don’t like talking on the phone much, although I’m getting better about it.
5. I can’t do a dive, and I’m not sure how I managed to pass swimming classes.
6. I love shoes!
7. I love peonies and roses and apple blossoms.
8. I’ve had glasses before, when I was probably about 10 years old. They were gigantic and I laugh at loud at pictures of myself from back then.
9. I used to be a major tomboy. Girls always had so much drama, while boys were so much easier to get along with!
10. When I was little, I wanted to be a professional violinist when I grew up! Ha! I never did learn to play the violin 🙂
I know of several adorable blogs, but I’m having a very hard time deciding on just five. As I see it, you’re all adorable! If you want this award, feel free to claim it.
Thank you all for your very thoughtful comments on my last post. God is working, and actually, even as I was writing that last post, He was bringing an new opportunity our way. I’ll tell you more about that later!
I’m now back in Iowa for my little sister’s high school graduation. I’ll be here until June first, so for the next few weeks, I’m going to try to keep my posts to a minimum. I need a vacation! So I’m planning to do some reading and writing, but not blogging. Well, I might still pop in to read your blogs, I can’t really resist!