Today did not start out like a good day for finding joy.
As part of Brian’s Christmas Present, I got up at the unearthly hour of 4:30 a.m. and made his lunch, and saw him off to work. I figured I might as well stay up, because at 9:00 a.m. I was going to the church to volunteer for secretary work. At 8:00 a.m, I was barely keeping awake. My head was starting to hurt, and I decided to lay down for 10 minutes. An hour later, I had a migraine and I was still in my pajamas. I rushed around getting dressed, making my lunch, and trying to make myself look good without showering, all the while feeling like I was going to vomit because of the pounding, skull crushing pain. After some coffee and Aleve, by the time I made it to church I felt much better.
It was cold and rainy, and when I got to the church, no one else was there. I couldn’t find the secretary office. And I couldn’t get in touch with anyone who would know. Finally, my friend Kasha, who is heading up the secretary volunteers responded to my text and told me where it was. There were no messages to take, no emails to send, no mail to sort or mail, basically, I just had to sit.
Kasha stopped by in the afternoon, and we took care of the few things we could, and then my day started to get a lot better. Since I was done with everything I could do, we left to do some Christmas and craft supplies shopping at Target and Hobby Lobby!
So, without further ado, here are my joys:
1. The rain! It doesn’t happen often, and it smelled so fresh and sounded so relaxing falling on the roof.
2. Coming home from shopping, all wet and cold, and siting in my chair with hot chocolate, French vanilla snowman marshmallows, and Cinnabon cereal.
3. My Christmas lights! And, Brian’s Christmas present. It brings me joy knowing that he enjoys it so much!
4. Our Christmas tree! I love the star on the top, it’s an ornament we have fastened there.
5. I found this little typewriter at Goodwill, and I love it! Those little rings are for pictures or my numerous sticky notes.
It’s a little too small to type on!
7. Kasha had these shoes in her car; she was taking them to Goodwill to donate. But, I just happened to wear this size, and she gave them to me!
8. I got these picture frames at Goodwill for very cheap. They’re perfect for some pictures I ordered printed from Walmart!