Monday after we’ve just started back to normal life after our camping trip, Brian had the opportunity to go on a business trip. He called me and asked if I was ok with him going, and I encouraged him to go.
I was all by myself for two days and two nights. It was kind of like being single. Almost. But not really.
I could have called someone to hang out, but I decided I wanted to see how I did alone. I did get a little freaked out at night, after dinner, when it was really, really quiet. But overall, I enjoyed it. I took advantage of the time to get a lot of things done, and watch movies I knew Brian would never want to see with me. Each day besides working on school, writing, and the mountain of laundry, I had some fun time! Popcorn, chocolate, and chick flicks, oh my!
I may or may not have:
- stayed up until 3 a.m. Monday night
- watched “Confessions of a Shopaholic” and laughed out loud, although it felt funny not having someone to laugh with.
- fixed actual meals.
- sung loud and proud whatever tune came into my head to break the silence.
- kept the doors all locked at every second.
- called Brian after 1 a.m. Monday night. Don’t worry, they were still driving, so he was awake and didn’t mind.
- promised myself to go to sleep at a decent time, and stayed up until 4 a.m Tuesday night.
- watched “The Proposal,” and laughed out loud, alone.
- got a funny feeling in my mouth and on my lips, like the skin has been eaten away by all the salt from the chips and cheesy popcorn I ate.
- slept with the light on.